Changing Event dates or Meeting Room/Catering dates
When changing the period of the event or the related meeting room and catering bookings, the service date of the charges in the open folios will automatically change as per the new period.
- For the event charges - charges posted directly in the event folio - a date offset as per the period will apply.
- When charges are posted through the meeting room and/or catering bookings, the service date of all the charges in the open folios will be changed as per the new start date.
Here are examples of both behaviours:
- When changing the Event dates and charges are posted directly in the event folio:
- Event with the following period 10.02 - 12.02
- Charges for the dates 11.02 and 12.02
- Changing the start date of the Event to 15.02
- The charge dates will respectively change to 16.02 and 17.02
- When changing the Meeting room/Catering booking dates and charges are posted through those bookings
- Catering/Meeting Room for the date 11.02
- Meeting room/catering charges with dates 11.02 and 12.02
- Changing the start date of the activities to 16.02
- The charge dates related to the activities respectively change to 16.02 both
To give you more options for a quicker and easier edit of your more complex events, we have added a Bulk update screen. Its main purpose is to let you change the event dates and the number of guests in all activities and charges in a few clicks only.
To access the new screen, open the Event and select Functions-> Bulk Update
On just one screen, you can see and edit:
- Event period;
- Dates and quantities of charges posted to the folios of the Event;
- Date and PAX for every Meeting Room Booking;
- Date and quantity of the charges related to Meeting Room Bookings;
- Descriptions and Notes related to Meeting Room Bookings (press the button (1) to open them for edit);
- Date and PAX for every Catering;
- Date and quantity of the charges related to every Catering;
- Descriptions and Notes related to Catering (press the button (1) to open them for edit)
For an even quicker and more comfortable edit, we have added the Autofill (2) feature to this screen. Use it to prevent the multiple entering of the same data on the Bulk Update screen.
If, for example, you want to shift everything with 1 day and change the Quantity (PAX), open the autofill and in the dates section, set the new date, while in the quantities section, enter the new value. This will save you a significant amount of time as you won't need to change the date for the event, meeting room bookings, and catering activities one by one (which for some Events can be hundreds of lines/entries), rather, you just set the new date/qty and all will be changed automatically.
Note: In the images above, the '40.0' refers to the number of charges (e.g. 40.0 Coffee break - snacks), while the '40' refers to the number of PAX.