The use of an advance creates special charges with a negative value in the folio with the services. This way the amount due under the folio is reduced.
The deduction of the amounts paid in advance is initiated from the folio with the services, following these steps:
- Open the standard folio and click the 'Details' button in the 'Charges' row;
- Click the Functions->Deduct Advance Invoice button;
- An advance folio selection screen will load. First, select the folio payer:
- For a booking folio, here the current booking will load, as well as all of the rest of bookings having the same reference number along with the profiles of the Company and the Agent selected in the booking (if any);
- For a folio of Company and Event, the respective Company and Event will be suggested;
- Search - you have the option to look for an advance folio of another Company, Event or non-related booking.
- After selecting the payer, the system will find the available advance folios and suggest them for selection in the 'Folio' field. Click the advance folio and proceed through the “Next” button.
- On the next screen, the available advances in the folio will be shown, arranged by the tax groups. Select the respective tax group. If necessary, correct what part of the amount you wish to use.
- Select the template to post the charges for reflecting the use of the advance in the folio with the services. The additional text is optional and is used in the folio printouts;
- Confirm through the 'Deduct' button.
The deducted amount will be registered in the folio with the services with the respective text (retrieved through the selected template) as a negative value charge. In the standard folio, you have clear information of which folio used the advance, as well as a quick access link.
Advances based on specific services and available payment
The use of advances is once again reflected through a negative value charge. To automate their handling, the system creates advance use in the folio as soon as an advance is registered. This way the possibility for missing an advance use is eliminated and the service folio closing process is simplified.
The charges related to the advance use are summarised by tax group. Their texts are retrieved from the template selected during the registration of the advance.
Note: The option for the automatic use of this type of advances can be disabled. To do so, go to the navigation menu, select Settings->All settings->Payments->Deposit Models and disable the 'Deduct Advance on issue' option.
Advance use voiding
Regardless of the way of creating and using the advance, as long as the containing folio is open, you can void the advance use at each point. To this end:
- Open the folio with the services and access the charge details;
- Find the services through which the specific advance has been used (negative value charges of the 'Pre-Invoiced Deposit' revenue group) and select them;
- Click the Functions->Void button.
The operation will remove the advance use and will restore the amount available in the advance folio.
Note: To void an advance use in a closed folio, you can void this folio or make full correction to it. Partial credit notes will not restore the used advance.