By following the guidelines in Closing a bill - posting payments, using the 'Tip' function you will be able to produce simply a final receipt for the consumed goods with tax breakdown and the payment amount and type indicated. However, those final receipts/bills do not contain any billing information of the guest and/or are not an invoice. In certain situations, guests might request to have their details on the receipt or have an invoice as well. Here we will examine how you can accommodate those requests.
Adding payer details and issuing an invoice
In order to add payer details and issue an invoice:
- navigate to the 'Settle' screen of a bill
- click on Billing To / Invoice
- enter the details of the payer or select an existing company profile
- select 'Close' if you simply want to close the bill with the payer details
- select 'Close - Invoice' if you want to convert the bill to an invoice
- once you've entered the details and selected the type of document, click on 'Issue. At this point, the system will ask you to indicate the payment. Once you do so and confirm, the bill will be closed.
At this stage
- if you chose the 'Close' option, your restaurant printer will print the final receipt with the billing details added to it.
- if you chose the 'Close - invoice' option, your restaurant printer will print the final receipt with the billing details added to it. However, there will be no invoice details on that receipt. To get the invoice itself, click the 'A4 Print' button that will show on the screen. That will generate the whole invoice which you can send via email or print on a regular office printer.
Here is a clip of the full process:
Important: In order to see the 'A4 Print' button, you need to have a 'local printer' selected on the home screen. Please read more details in Printers.