The next step when working with folios is to examine how payments are posted to them. Similar to charges, payments can also be registered in various currencies. In contrast to charges, however, a payment can be added not only to an open folio, but also to an already closed folio.
A payment is registered in a folio, not only when you receive an amount, but also when you refund customers. The only difference is that when refunding customers, the payment amount registered will have a negative value. All payments are registered in the main folio, payments are not reflected in correction folios. Here is how to post a payment to a folio:
- Find the folio;
- For a booking or event folio, you can use the quick “Pay” button in the folio row;
- Open the folio for review and use one of the two quick buttons to add payments;
- Select the payment currency. The system will suggest an amount matching the one necessary for balancing the folio. If necessary, you can enter a different amount. Enter the payment amount (when reflecting a money refund, the amount is always a negative ) and select the currency;
- Select a payment method (1) ;
- Depending on the settings of your system, you may need to select a payment subtype (2);
- You can add a note to the payment in the form of a custom text (3). The note will be attached to the payment when reviewing the folio, the printout of the folio, and the payment reports.
Note: If you use an integrated payment processor for your card payments, you can see HERE how such payments are processed.
Important: The option to register a negative payment in the folio is controlled by the following PMS rights ->Payments: Add negative payment to Open folio and PMS->Payments: Add negative payment to Closed folio
Payment Voiding and Editing
In Clock PMS+, we take security very seriously when it comes to working with payments. For this reason, if you have made a mistake when registering a payment (a wrong amount, currency or even the payment is reflected in a wrong folio), you cannot correct the posted payment. You need to void the wrong payment and repost it in the proper manner. Here is how to do this:
- Open the folio for review;
- Click the 'Details'(4) button in the Payments' row;
Find the wrong payment and click the 'Show more' button in its row, then click the 'Void' (5) button;
- Enter the reason for the void and confirm the operation;
Note: The voided payments will be hidden in the folio printout. The payment details will be visible as voided. You can see the voiding details can be found by clicking the 'Show more' button in the payment row. In the payment reports, the void will be reflected as a negative payment.
Note: The Edit feature (6) only allows you to add a note to an already registered payment. In order to correct mistakes, use the payment void option.
Important: The Void feature is controlled by the following PMS right->Payments: Void payments.